Friday 21 March 2008

Rain Drops on Roses

I am building a cottage, up in the hills, which Manasi has named thus - ‘Rain Drops on Roses’. Surendran, (the best Interior Contractor this side of the globe) is attending to it. Since the work was delayed due to certain reasons, the temporary ladder that was kept to gain access to the main ‘tree top’ area was removed, resulting in the fact that I could not climb up for designing purposes. I thought that this was for security reasons.

On my last visit there two days back with Surendran, ostensibly with the purpose of finishing the works, Surendran told me the story of the ‘Tough Monkey’ which resides there in my absence. He pointed out that he had ordered the removal of the ladder so that the Monkey cannot be in residence – as a precaution to the security of the building materials lying there. As an afterthought, he muttered – maybe the Monkey can climb thro the four pillars holding it up. He had forgotten about me, and my need to climb up. I have heard of people providing a ladder for a Monkey, but denying one???. A perfect example of ‘OVER DESIGN’, from a person with whom I normally bond aesthetically.

No comments: