Thursday 3 January 2008

Jiddu and I

Jiddu Krishnamurthy was in the middle of one of his numerous lectures. A man got up and asked – Mr. Murthy, is you mad?Krishnamurthy stopped his speech, looked at the man in the eye, and asked back – Mr. So and so, Are you sure that you are Sane?If you are, then you can call me mad. The man had no answer. The thin line between reality and fantasy, often merging into one another. Where is the beginning?Real for one can be fantasy for some.

CALL ME MAD ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE OF YOUR SANITY.

An often asked question - Who are you? Isn’t that all we need to know?

This brings me to a favorite subject - The Platforms of Thought. Shall type in on that later.

Creativity unbound, un-leashed, is a true delicacy. If I am an instrument in that process, I would take it as god send.Yes, if you feel that there is something you need to put down on paper, either in Calligraphic or Graphic form, you must.

I was talking to someone on the power of my profession. A cup of Chai (tea) on the road side which costs Two Rupees ends up being sold at the Oberoi and the Hyatt at Two Hundred. The difference is the ambience - which we create, and the hospitality - where the catering guys pitch in. Add a name, and you have it. With the power of our profession, we are creating an economy.

On my return from Shiraz, I used to sleep in the same room with my grand mother. She made me understand the need for putting down in words thoughts as they occur. You will forget it later, she used to say. Definitely the truth, cause at that later stage, one sometimes cannot grasp the issue with the same clarity as when it first flashed.

I made a new year wish. They have given me a file number for that wish. Don't know when they will process it. Seems they are busy in the other world!


M.Kalipurayath
Emperor Designate
Winter 2008 (Jan)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that too. I mean writing down my thoughts as much bizarre or random or out of the blue they may be. My file I call 'grief'. It started of after I decided to record my failures. Just wanted to keep a tab on how I could keep it under check:failures I mean. Penning it has brought about a remarkable reduction :-). Has helped me to raise my bar after each achievement. I like the way you think. Am glad you happened. Yet, I have no plans to rechristen my file :-):keeps me grounded.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anony...
Draw no parallel please(about me), they gave my Grand mother the Padma Bhushan, she deserved it, but today.......
Medals and trophies, one hears, are for sale!!!don't know how the prize is fixed, but there must be a tax on it!!!

Anonymous said...

Padma Bhushan wow! I certainly would like to buy, if a relationship to such a renowned personality is on sale ;-) But no taxes please!

Yup you are right, these days everything can be bought!! Even love and loyalty sells cheap. And if you do not get the best, you can always use the tagline: "I don't like it that way, anyway" hahahah

Is one of these your ladyship who won the award?
Ms.Lakshmi Nandan Menon 1963 / Ms.Nalapat Balmani Amma 1987

Drawing parallels with you? I would prefer to be one step behind. Wanna know why? "The partridge loves peas, but not those that go into the pot with it." African (Wolof) Proverb hahahaha

I am not a blogger Mo. Simply because I do not know what to write about.

I can leave impressions though, on a situation: and that am not the situation itself! :-)